Car accidents are one of the things that you always see on the news. And most of the time, they involve property damage and personal injuries not only to the driver but can also be to the passengers or the pedestrian. Unfortunately, some of these accidents lead to fatal injuries. In this case, you must work with lawyers. You have to make sure that you know what to do in case this happens to you or your loved one.
Things to Do After an Accident
Anyone can be involved in such accidents. It is crucial that you follow the steps below to avoid getting yourself in trouble. In this case, it doesn’t matter if you are at fault or not. Knowing what to do here before you call an attorneyis crucial to protect yourself.
- Never Drive Away. The first instinct for some when they get into a vehicular accident is they drive away. But in legalcases, that is the last thing that you want to do. You have to stop even if it’s a minor accident.
- Call the Police. You need to inform the authorities of the accident and if you have an injuryso they can call for emergency services. Do not assume that the other driver involved will be the one to call the police. In fact, it is still important to make the call even if it’s a minor incident. Stay inside your vehicle if it’s safe to do so.
- Take Note Of Vital Information. When the police arrive at the accident scene, make sure that you inform the investigating officer of what happened. If you are not sure of the facts, tell the officer too. Never speculate or make wild guesses with your statement.
- Record for Evidence. If you can, take pictures and videos of the extent of the damage. Do the same if you have visible injuries. But make sure that you do all this without interfering with the police investigation. This can be evidence that your attorneyswill need for the case.
- Call Your Lawyer. Before you forget, make sure that you call your lawyer about what happened. This is crucial especially when filing for insurance claims for car accidents. An attorney from a trusted law firm would also help you deal withthe case while you are healing from your injuries.
Car Accident Lawyer in Philadelphia
Philadelphia Injury Lawyers P.C. is a trusted law firm locally. They have lawyers who do not only specialize in car accidents but also in personalinjury cases, medical malpractice and slip and fall. What’s good about the legal services they offer is that they do not make their clients pay until the claim is settled. They offer free consultation from professional and experienced lawyers. So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and visit the law firms’ websites to check out the legal assistance they offer.